Pre-Engineered Buildings Introduction
Pre-engineered buildings (PEBs) are custom-built steel structure buildings based on architecture and engineering requirements of users.
Ca Mau Fertilizer Project
Vina Kyoei Project
The basic parameters
- Width – length – height PEBs: depend on the requirements of the customer. No limit on size
- Roof slope: The roof slope affects stormwater drainage on the roof. Typically, the roof slope is i = 15%
- Intercolumniation: Intercolumniation is the distance between the columns vertically, which is based on the length of PEBs and the purpose of usage of PEBs products
- Load: includes: live loads, dead loads, collateral loads, wind uplift, deflection criteria, internal crane system…
Read more: Pre-engineered Building Design
Pre-Engineered Buildings is made up of
- Primary members (columns and rafters)
- Secondary members (purlins, girts and eave struts) which are cold-formed “Z” and “C” shaped members or open web joists
- Roof and wall sheeting connected to each other
- Other building components
These buildings can be provided with different structural and non-structural additions such as wall lights, turbo vents, roof monitors, ridge ventilators, doors & windows, trusses, mezzanine floors, canopies, crane systems, insulation…, based on the customer’s requirements.
Read more: Pre-engineered Building Manufacturing
Model of Pre-Engineered Buildings
1. Significant Cost Savings
Pre-engineered buildings can save 20-30% of the cost compared to conventional construction. The non-load bearing parts help minimize the amount of steel to make the lighter frame and optimize materials.
PEBs are very durable and non-combustible, able to withstand storms, high winds and strong earthquakes.
3. Quick Erection
PEBs are easy to erect in short time period because each project has the detailed assembly drawings, fully fabricated components and a step-by-step erection guides.
Read more: Pre-engineered Building Erection
Pre-engineered steel buildings can have few or no internal columns, meaning that they are better for storing a large amount of equipment, installing lifts, and conducting internal activities.
Moreover, PEBs are flexible, easy to expand in the future, and also economically with low transportation cost.
5. Energy Efficiency
Nowadays, PEBs are the green solution for the environment with CO2 reduction, energy efficiency…
PEBs boost energy efficiency and can lead to huge savings on heating and cooling costs. Especially, all components don’t cause dust or noise and reduce time effectively during erection.
Read more: Pre-Engineered Building Application
Contact Us – Our ATAD experts will solve your issues
Whether you’re looking for a contractor, would like to become a partner, or want to know more about pre-engineered buildings, please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss further. We will help you resolve issues quickly and easily for your projects
ATAD STEEL STRUCTURE CORPORATION